- Position: Personal Injury Paralegal
Supervisor: Mark Dinelli
- Company: The Dinelli Law Firm, LLC
Hours: M-F: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Under minimal supervision and acting on own initiative and direction, Personal Injury Paralegals will be responsible for supporting forward advancement of a myriad of personal injury case types, such as motor vehicle collisions, motorcycle collisions, bicycle accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, trucking accidents and wrongful deaths. This position involves high-level visibility with clients, insurance adjusters, and defense lawyers and has extensive exposure to sensitive information, necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgement. The work is generally critical or confidential in nature.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of potential client inquiries, phone screening, and scheduling potential client meetings, which includes calendaring and use of case management and file management systems.
- Interact with current clients both over the phone and in person to obtain treatment updates, provide copies of documentation relevant to their cases, address generalized concerns, and provide an overall client-centric experience.
- Assisting with the opening and management of insurance claims, which includes reporting new claims, obtaining information regarding existing claims, and corresponding with associated adjusters and representatives. These claims will generally involve first-party insurance companies, third-party insurance companies, health insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Requesting and reviewing medical records and medical billing statements, and the ability to use those records to draft and finalize settlement demands.
- Participation in litigation and litigation-related matters, which includes drafting pleadings, drafting and responding to discovery requests, effectuating service of process, creating motion, mediation and exhibit binders, and calendaring litigation deadlines.
- Other general office-related tasks, including answering phones, processing mail, copying miscellaneous documents, etc.
Education & Experience Required
- 3-5 years of minimum experience working in a law office. Preference will be given to candidates with either a demonstrated track record of personal injury or litigation experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate of Science Degree in Paralegal Studies preferred, but not required.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and applications for use on the Internet.
- Advanced technical and legal writing skills, with proficiency in legal terminology.
- Ability to understand and manage complex legal entity documentation.
- Superb accuracy and organization skills and abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with others through all phases of a personal injury case.
Salary & Employment
Pay range dependent on skill and experience level.
How to Submit a Resume
Given candidate interest in this position, we may only be able to contact qualified candidates. Thank you in advance for understanding if we do not reach out to you directly after submission of your resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The Dinelli Law Firm, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.